Syzygy Consulting Group, established experts in high technology compensation practices, is conducting its annual private company compensation survey in association with the following leading providers of legal services to high technology companies: Cooley, DLA Piper, Fenwick & West, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, Latham & Watkins, Manatt Phelps & Phillips, Morgan Lewis, Morrison & Foerster, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, Reed Smith and Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton.
- The only survey to report information on traditional stock
plans, performance-based stock plans, restricted stock and other
long-term incentive plans.
- The only survey to effectively combine employee ownership percentages with position-by-position pay practices.
- The only survey to report upon Board of Director compensation (cash and stock) for private companies, including Lead Director and Advisory Board members.
The Pre-IPO and Private Company Total Compensation Survey provides detailed total compensation information (base pay plus bonus/incentive pay plus stock grants) that will allow participants to make strategic decisions about the competitiveness of their pay and employee equity programs and their ability to attract and retain key talent.
Industry-specific survey results include:
- Percentile data on base pay, bonus/incentive pay, new-hire,
follow-on and cumulative stock grants for specific benchmark positions.
- Stock program design including vesting schedules, grant
guidelines and the use of restricted stock and other performance-based
- Aggregate employee ownership percentages.
- Compensation practices such as base pay plans, bonus/incentive pay design, benefits programs, severance plans and more.
- Employee stock funding levels, including shares granted and shares available for grant.
Survey jobs include:
- Founder and non-founders
- Over 40 key benchmark management and non-management jobs, including:
- CEO and Executive
- Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Medical Officer
- Business Development
- Customer Care
- Professional Services
- Finance, Human Resources and Administration
- Members of the Board of Directors and Advisory Boards
Survey results for each participating company include two electronic documents:
- Compensation and benefits practice information.
- Cash and stock data by benchmark position in aggregate and by industry grouping (a Microsoft Excel file).
The Pre-IPO and Private Company Total Compensation Survey results are confidential. All data are compiled to protect the privacy of company and individual pay. Results are only available to participating companies.
The participation fee for the Pre-IPO and Private Company Total Compensation Survey is $950. Discounts of $100 are available for Syzygy clients and client companies of the associated law firms, making this survey the best value available.
- Deadline to participate: Early August 2013.
- Results available: Late August 2013.
To participate in the survey or to receive more information, please complete this form: