Boards of Directors seek experienced and ethical counsel when making decisions about executive compensation.
It is essential that external guidance provided to members of the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors be independent, resulting from no interlocking relationship with executive management and no present or anticipated financial benefit from ancillary company services.
Since its founding in 1995, Syzygy Consulting Group has emphasized stringent governance procedures and processes to maintain independence of thought and action when guiding Compensation Committees on the decisions affecting executive pay and employee equity programs. Syzygy has always promoted full disclosure to company stakeholders. Competitive pay practices that attract and retain performing executives are, of course, critical. Ethical and fair pay practices are even more critical.
Syzygy Consulting Group is the only national executive compensation firm that proactively affirms its independence from seeking or securing any other business from a company when retained by its Compensation Committee or Board for independent research and guidance.
Other compensation consultants, accounting firms and labor market research companies may leverage Board engagements to secure additional fees and outside service contracts from its clients' executive management. Syzygy does not engage in this practice.
To accentuate its independence and objectivity, where appropriate Syzygy limits its services and fees to Board engagements.
Syzygy is uniquely qualified to provide Compensation Committee members with independence of thought and emerging trends because our professionals are committed to embracing and enhancing our founding philosophy.
Some of our unique services include:
- Independent processes to objectively define the comparative human capital market and competition based upon factors reflective of the company's growth and industry sector, that are also critical to the company's success and truly reflective of the company's core labor market.
- Objective identification of appropriate vehicles for delivering compensation including cash, equity, benefits, perquisites, change of control benefits, employment contracts and other retention programs that are market-based, regulatory compliant and aligned to enhance both employee interests and shareholder value.
- Expert design of all cash and equity compensation programs including establishing executive performance measures, target incentive levels and other employment provisions.
- Specific research and objective recommendations on compensation for members of the Board of Directors customized to the unique role and background of each Board member.
- Guidance, communication and representation to Board members, shareholders, executive management, employees, auditors, regulators and the press as deemed appropriate to implement and explain Compensation Committee actions regarding all aspects of executive and director pay.
Syzygy has been working with Compensation Committees independently since it was established in 1995. We will continue to pride ourselves in that independence.
Call us at 925.284.3669 or email us at email@example.com to discuss your needs.